Addiction is like a sly fox, sneaking up on you when you least expect it. You may start by innocently dabbling in drugs or alcohol, only to later get entangled in a web you never anticipated. And before you know it, addiction has taken over your life and become the only thing that matters.
For men, addiction can seem like an insurmountable obstacle. Thankfully, a comprehensive treatment facility can offer the resources you need to find hope and lasting healing. If you’re searching for a treatment facility for addiction located in a tranquil environment – removed from the distractions of city life, yet in the heart of Texas – consider the Last Resort Recovery Center.
But what do such facilities offer? What differentiates them from other treatment centers? Well, let’s use the Last Resort to exemplify the benefits of a comprehensive treatment center. In other words, let’s look at what you can expect from such a center.
Every individual’s circumstances are different. Besides the factors that led to the addiction, most people need a distinct approach to recovery. Thus, an individualized treatment plan comes in handy.
At the Last Resort, you can expect one-on-one attention from experts ready to walk with you throughout your recovery journey. Some of the upsides of such an approach include the following:
- Psychiatric treatment– if you’re grappling with a co-occurring disorder like depression or trauma, your care provider can offer specialized therapy to help manage your symptoms.
- Personalized medical care – addresses withdrawal symptoms and other health risks associated with addiction.
- Compassionate support – you’re surrounded by a team of experienced professionals who care about your recovery and will do all they can to help you reach your goals.
- Assistance developing coping skills – relapse is usually a reality for some people, especially if they cannot develop good coping and life skills. A tailored approach to your needs can help you deal with stressors standing in your way.
- Promoting self-awareness – customized treatment can help you explore aspects such as your family’s addiction history, unhealthy relationships, the root cause of addiction, the triggers, and more. Through self-awareness, you can identify and change negative behavior hindering your recovery.
When you’re facing an issue likely to alter the course of your life, you can ill afford to waste your resources on false promises or unproven treatment approaches. As such, treatment centers like the Last Resort offers tried-and-true or evidence-based treatments, including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – a popular therapy designed to help you change unhelpful thought patterns and behaviors by examining the relationships between your thoughts, actions, and feelings.
- Equine-Assisted Therapy – This approach leverages the calming influence of horses to help you learn about yourself. It’s usually more effective for men, considering some men may find it difficult to express themselves in a traditional therapy environment.
- 12-Step Program – built on the principles of Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous. It allows you to take responsibility for your recovery and foster relationships with sponsors or individuals who can provide ongoing support.
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy – This treatment emphasizes the connection between automatic thoughts and behaviors. It’s designed to help you identify and replace irrational or negative beliefs with positive thinking.
Addiction affects different aspects of your life, including physical and mental health, emotions, career, and relationships. As such, a comprehensive treatment approach offers a holistic approach to recovery. Following your initial evaluation by a multidisciplinary team of professionals, you can expect a treatment plan that includes:
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) – mostly, MAT reduces cravings, withdrawal symptoms, and other underlying aspects such as anxiety and depression.
- Partial hospitalization – if you need to stay in a supportive environment but don’t require 24-hour clinical supervision, this program allows you to continue your daily activities while receiving services such as counseling and group therapy.
- Inpatient rehabilitation – perhaps the most intensive treatment option. It typically involves remaining in the facility while receiving comprehensive care.
- Outpatient treatment – this program provides long-term support for patients transitioning from residential care to independent living. It’s also ideal for people with milder addiction or co-occurring disorders.
- Aftercare – this helps you stay on track as you transition back to your daily life. A comprehensive aftercare plan considers your needs and supports you with components like sober living houses and job placement services.
- Alumni support – Last Resort provides ongoing alumni support through group therapy, one-on-one counseling, and other services. This can help you regain your footing during the recovery process.
While the road to recovery is often long and unpaved, those who stick to it usually reach their intended destination – sobriety. Thankfully, a comprehensive treatment facility can instill new hope and provide a haven for needy individuals. If you or a loved one is on a cliff edge wondering if recovery is possible, consider seeking help at such a center. Yes, you can start living the sober life that otherwise seems like a pipe dream.