Modern braces got smaller, began to be made from more aesthetic materials, and then, “invisible” lingual braces appeared. Invisalign in NYC aligners have become an innovative technology in which orthodontic treatment is most comfortable and almost imperceptible. The patient can put on and take off such a system on their own; it does not hurt at all. Unlike braces, they do not need to be worn all the time. Aligners can be removed before eating or brushing your teeth.
5 Benefits of Invisalign Aligners
- Each set of aligners is manufactured at the company’s certified factory according to individual casts and images of the patient. Unlike aligners for whitening or straightening, Invisalign aligners fit the teeth as closely as possible, have the most comfortable thickness, and are absolutely invisible even from a close distance.
- Treatment on Invisalign is absolutely imperceptible, unlike classic braces (even the most aesthetic of them — sapphire and ceramic).
- Unlike lingual braces, it does not cause any discomfort during treatment. Also, the aligners do not affect diction and do not injure the tongue when eating as they are removed in a special container during meals.
- Compared to cheaper analogs, Invisalign aligners are made of original material, have no defects, fit as closely and precisely as possible to the tooth surface, and are 100% transparent and very elastic.
- Cope with any, even the most complex anomalies, in the shortest possible time correcting all the same bite problems as braces.
Of course, there is not a single technique in dentistry that would not have a disadvantage. As for the Invisalign system, its only drawback is its relatively high cost. However, the same lingual and sapphire braces are in the same price category as aligners. At the same time, aligners do not injure either enamel or soft tissues and do not interfere with talking.
Indications for Treatment with Invasiline Aligners
Invisalign aligners cope with almost any malocclusion and are in no way inferior in effectiveness to braces. Both adults and teenagers can be treated with Invisalign. List of indications for treatment:
- The technology has no limitations in the treatment of bite anomalies and teeth position. It all depends on the correct treatment plan by the orthodontist.
- Crowding of teeth, in which they seem to “run into” each other, pushing their neighbors out of the dentition or turning around their axis to fit in the jaw.
- Occlusion disorders that do not require orthognathic surgery: distal, in which the lower jaw is displaced backward relative to the upper; open, when the closure of the front or chewing teeth is broken; cross, in which there is a displacement of the jaws relative to the midline of the face; straight, in which the upper and lower incisors are closed by cutting edges and there is no proper overlap of the lower jaw of the upper; mesial, in which the lower jaw is pushed forward relative to the upper.
Today, milk and mixed bite is not an obstacle to wearing aligners. The technology allows taking into account both the growth of the jaws and the change of teeth. Invisalign technology does not have an upper age limit as in the case of treatment with a bracket system.