As we age, it becomes more difficult to stay in physical shape, which is something a 20-year-old would take for granted. Whatever your age and your fitness goals, here are a few compelling reasons to hire the services of a personal trainer to oversee your fitness campaign.
- Structured program – Rather than simply deciding you want to get fit and start lifting weights and doing exercises, you should contact a personal trainer, a professional who can assess your current fitness level and help you by creating a comprehensive fitness plan. Once the PT knows your goals, he or she can set out a structured plan that gradually increases the intensity of the workout, thus reducing the risk of injury.
- Dietary advice – Not only will your personal trainer be there with you as you go through your gruelling routine, he or she will also help you create a diet plan. The personal trainer knows where to acquire supplements in Melbourne, which you will need. In order to build muscle, you will need protein powder to make shakes and you should stick to the recommended dosage. Armed with a weekly diet plan, you can be sure that your body has the essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients it needs. Diet is not something you can afford to overlook when embarking on a fitness regime and your personal trainer has the know-how to combine your tastes with a healthy weekly menu.
- Pushing you through that pain barrier – It can be tough to stick to a heavy program; as you isolate muscles, this causes a burning sensation and some people try to find reasons to avoid that pain. We have all heard the saying, ’no pain, no gain’ and this certainly applies to weight training and general fitness. Your personal trainer has heard all the excuses and he or she will make sure that you beat that pain barrier, time after time. If you would prefer something less strenuous, click here for information about Pilates.
- Learn about your body – Part of a personal trainer’s role is to educate their client about their body, which is knowledge that stays with you for the rest of your life. You will learn how to warm up and down, plus the right type of exercises for specific muscle groups. While you might only need a personal trainer for a few weeks or months, the things that you learn are invaluable for the future.
- Success is guaranteed – Every personal trainer has a reputation to uphold, and no-one is going to let you take the easy road. He or she will be with you every step of the way and should you be feeling down, the personal trainer gives you the motivation that you need to push through the pain barrier.
If you would like to share an informal chat with a certified personal trainer to discuss a fitness program, start with a Google search and take the first step to a new you!