The very first line for CISSP certification is we can say that it is one of the world’s most valued and popular information technology and information security certifications you can earn in your career in IT Security. It provides you with the most trusted knowledge and experiences with a proven record of over 25 years in the making; this certification can truly demonstrate that you are at the top of your cyber security career and growth. It acts as a clear. Instantly recognized achievement in terms of effective cyber security on a variety of useful levels. It can also be noted that CISSP is the only ticket to pursuing DoD 8570 IASAE Level III accredited concentrations, like CISSP-ISSEP and CISSP-ISSAP.
One of the most exciting advantages of CISSP certification is that by earning this credential, You will stand above your peers and be seen as an expert in your industry. It also allows candidates to take for now job opportunities with a substantial amount of benefits that make the log preparation journey worthwhile. On the other side, many stats report that there is around 2.9 million job shortage of CISSP professionals. So it’s clear there is a high demand for expert professionals who can fulfill the gap between demand and supply. It leads to the demand for CISSP Certifications or any suitable guide to ace the CISSP certification that can help candidates throughout their careers to achieve their niche.
So this article is going to discuss about the Guide to ace the CISSP credential to get it smoothly.
What is CISSP?
CISSP stands for Certified Information System Security Professional Certification, which is a prestigious certification provided by (ISC)2, which is the leading certification body in the cyber security field. It suits the professionals who have worked in 2 or more of the 8 domains of CISSP. To earn this certification, you should know what it takes to effectively design, implement and manage a best-in-class cybersecurity program. It can validate your expertise and become an ISC 2 member. It also helps you unlock a broad array of exclusive resources, educational tools, and new networking opportunities. CISSP certification basically benefits you with many features like higher salaries, career growth, proving your skills, advancing your career, etc. It also offers you support throughout your career with the support of a community of cybersecurity leaders.
CISSP is a globally recognized certification that is a vendor-neutral standard attesting to an IT security professional’s technical skills, managing a security program, and hands-on experience implementing a program that helps candidates become an expert in this domain. But it also required dedicated efforts to becoming a CISSP professional, except more than passing the CISSP certification exam. Just have a look at how it can be easy to pass this exam.
Guide to Ace CISSP Exam
It is known that the CISSP certification exam is not very easy to clear as it is one of the most sought-after and elite certifications. Yes, it is terrifying, hard, and resource-intensive, but it’s not impossible. The following mentioned tips can help you pass this exam smoothly; just have a look.
- Know about the Exam and Prerequisites- To clear any exam, it is crucial to deeply know about the exam and prerequisites to be fulfilled. Basically, the CISSP exam lasts for three hours that involves 150 multiple-choice questions. Candidates must score 70% and above to clear this exam. Before appearing in the exam, it is necessary to clear the fee Of $669. This exam is available in many global languages, such as Brazilian, English, Korean, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Japanese, German, and simplified Chinese.
As a prerequisite, you need to have a minimum of five years of experience in the security field. It is also necessary for candidates to be eligible for a one-year deferral if they have a four-year degree or get ISC2 granted credential. Alternatively, you can gain 4 years of hands-on experience if you have four years of higher qualification or other recognized certification.
- Use Multiple Study Resources- After knowing about the exam, now is the time to learn and study for the CISSP exam. There are many training institutions available that offer security courses online for the certification exam. The best way to start preparations is with the official CISSP Training Guide, which can provide you will all the basic knowledge required under each domain. You can go through mock tests also to get prepared; it can also help you pass the exam on the first attempt.
- Strong Study Plan- There is great importance of a smart and strong study plan for the CISSP exam as this exam is not for beginners but for professionals who have sound knowledge of at least two of eight CISSP domains. While every learner works differently on preparations, so CISSP learning journey needs to be tailored to specific requirements. Therefore choose the best CISSP training along with practice exams and other effective resources. Do study using various learning styles, such as a stack of well-worn flash cards or multiple notes with diagrams. The more variation you get, the more the subject becomes interesting.
- Make a Strong Study Network- It is also one of the most important parts of the CISSP exam journey to make a study network that can help throughout the learning duration. You can join a study group and have group discussions with other candidates who are preparing themselves for the CISSP exam. You also can share CISSP exam tips, discuss CISSP modules and study domains together, and receive guidance/advice from people related to CISSP careers and who are preparing for the exam.
- Books of Your Choice- It is a fact that books are the first and the best way to get clear any exam. There are several online and hard copy books available for the CISSP exam you can use to get prepared for this challenging and prestigious exam. Official ISC2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, 6th Edition by Arthur Deane and Aaron Kraus, Security and Privacy Controls Special Publication, 800–53, Revision 4 by The NIST’s, 11th Hour CISSP: Study guide by Eric Conrad (3rd edition), etc., are some of the important books available for CISSP exam preparations.
Besides these important steps, candidates can also take many more steps to ace the CISSP exam. Time management, Scheduling your time and resources, making CISSP exam strategies, Mock tests, etc., are also some more important steps that can be taken in order to make the CISSP learning journey smooth and successful.