A collar is ammunition designed to control (in combination with a leash) the movement of the animal. It is usually made of nylon, metal, leather, cotton, and other materials, and equipped with accessories. The collar is worn around the pet’s neck.
Cotton dog collars are very popular today. This is due to the fact that they have good strength, are comfortable and durable. A large selection of custom cotton collars is available on the website Waudog. By visiting this online store, you will definitely buy a quality accessory for your puppy.
6 Aspects to Pay Attention to When Choosing Cotton Collars
There are a number of aspects that you need to pay special attention to when choosing a customized collar for your dog. Read them carefully below:
- When choosing a cotton rope dog collar, the first thing to pay attention to is the design. It is best to choose a collar design that provides the location of the buckle at the bottom, and a place to attach the leash at the top in the middle or at a distance of 10 cm from the buckle. This design allows the collar not to scroll around the neck and not to rub the pet’s skin;
- Secondly, when choosing a collar should pay attention to the quality of the material. Cotton collars are usually high quality and have good strength. They have a soft inner side that does not rub the dog’s neck;
- Thirdly, when buying a dog collar cotton with metal fasteners, you should pay attention to their fastening. All metal elements must be connected by welding. All other methods of connecting metal are often ineffective, i.e. the dog can easily remove the collar;
- Fourthly, all seams on the collar must be done carefully. The threads should not stick out. The seams must be double at the locations of the clamps;
- Fifthly, the collar should not have an unpleasant odor or smell of chemicals;
- Sixthly, you should pay attention to whether the collar is personalised. Personalised cotton collars indicate the name of the dog and its address of residence, so they are very useful in case of the loss of a pet. After reading the indicated information, the passer-by learns the names and addresses of the owners and can quickly return the pet to them.
Tips for Choosing the Collar Size
To choose a good collar you need to know the girth of the animal’s neck. After measuring it, you need to add 5-7 cm more. The received figure is the necessary length of a collar for the pet. The width of the collar for medium-sized dogs should be 2 cm. It is worth noting that if you choose a very narrow collar, it will cut into the skin of the pet, and if wide enough, the diaper rash may occur.
To check if the collar fits the dog, you should put two fingers between it and the neck of the pet. If they pass freely, the size of the accessory is chosen correctly. If not, you should increase the size a bit.
Best Online Shop to Buy a Cotton Collar
The Waudog.com online store rightfully deserves the title of the best website where you can buy not only cotton, but also leather, nylon, and other collars. It exhibits dog collars, dividing them into brands, types, and direct purpose. The catalog helps you quickly find the right product, its description, and price.
The main condition for the successful operation of a dog collar is its high quality, reliability, and durability. In the Waudog.com online store, you will find just such collars, which are made of safe and durable materials for maximum comfort for your pet.
The store regularly offers promotions and discounts, so that buyers get fairly good prices. The ordered products are always carefully packed and sent to the customer in a timely manner.
So, a high-quality customize collar purchased at a beneficial price from the Waudog.com website is sure to be an ideal purchase. However, However, be careful in choosing the correct collar size. This will ensure maximum comfort in using the accessory.