In any home, the furnace is an essential piece of equipment. It is responsible for providing heat during the colder months. When it starts to break down or becomes inefficient, it can be a major inconvenience.
If you’re in the market for a new furnace, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. Here are 10 factors to consider when planning for furnace replacement in Tomball, TX.
Older models are not as efficient as newer ones. This means that they use more energy and cost more to operate. If you’re looking to save money on your energy bills, you’ll want to choose a more efficient model. Moreover, newer furnaces often come with better warranties.
The size of your furnace is important to consider. If it’s too small, it won’t be able to effectively heat your home. On the other hand, if it’s too large, it will use more energy than necessary. An HVAC contractor can help you determine the right size for your needs.
- Fuel type
There are a few different fuel types to choose from, including natural gas, propane, and oil. Each has its own benefits and drawbacks. Natural gas is the most popular choice because it’s relatively inexpensive and easy to find. However, propane and oil may be better option for some homes.
Venting is an important consideration, especially if you’re replacing an older model. Some furnaces require special venting, which can be expensive to install. Make sure to discuss your venting options with your HVAC contractor.
Some homes have basements or crawl spaces that are ideal for furnaces. Others have attics or closets that can work well too. Wherever you choose to put your furnace, make sure there’s adequate ventilation.
- Climate control
If you reside in an area with blistering hot or shivering cold temperatures, you’ll want to make sure your furnace can endure it. Some models are crafted for more temperate climates and may not be able to take the heat (or cold).
- Air quality
Some furnaces come with air quality features, such as filters and purifiers. If you or someone in your family has allergies or asthma, this may be an important consideration.
As mentioned earlier, newer furnaces often come with better warranties than older models. Make sure to ask about the warranty before making your purchase.
Installing a furnace can be a complex process. It’s best to leave it to the professionals. HVAC contractors are trained and experienced in furnace installation and can ensure it’s done properly.
Once your furnace is installed, it’s important to schedule furnace maintenance in Tomball, TX. When you hire a professional contractor for furnace replacement, they can also handle maintenance and repairs. This is the best way to keep your furnace running smoothly and efficiently.
Replacing your furnace is a big decision. But if you keep these 10 factors in mind, you can be sure you’re making the best choice for your home.
Tips To Hire A Pro For Furnace Replacemnt in Tomball, TX
When it’s time for a new furnace, many homeowners try to take on the project themselves as a way to save money. But unless you have the proper training and experience, it’s best to leave furnace replacement to the professionals. Here are a few tips to help you hire a qualified contractor for the job:
- Get recommendations – Ask family and friends for recommendations of contractors they’ve used in the past. You can also check online review sites like Google or Angie’s List.
- Do your research – Once you have a few names, do some research on each company. Check their website and read customer reviews. Make sure they’re licensed and insured.
- Get quotes – After you have winnowed your options, get cost estimates from each company. Make certain to compare identical services so that you’re getting an accurate comparison.
- Ask questions – Don’t be afraid to ask questions. You should feel comfortable with the contractor you choose. Make sure they’re able to answer all of your questions and address any concerns you have.
- Get it in writing – Once you’ve chosen a contractor, make sure everything is in writing. This includes the scope of work, price, and timeline for the project. This will protect you in case there are any problems down the road.
Hiring a professional for furnace replacement in Tomball, TX may cost more upfront, but it will save you money and hassle in the long run. Follow these tips to find a qualified contractor you can trust. Contact Wrightway Comfort today at 346-202-5101 to schedule an appointment.