Many homes in Jacksonville, FL use furnaces to keep warm during the winter. A furnace is a heating system that uses natural gas, oil, electricity, or other fuel to heat air in a home. The air is then circulated through the house using ductwork.
While furnaces are typically very durable and can last for many years, they will eventually need to be replaced. There are several warning signs that indicate it is time to replace your furnace.
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old: When a furnace reaches this age, it starts to become less efficient. Newer models of furnaces are much more energy-efficient than older models, so replacing your furnace can save you money on your energy bills.
- Your furnace is not heating your home evenly: If you notice that some rooms in your house are significantly warmer or cooler than others, it could be a sign that your furnace needs to be replaced. When you call a technician experienced in heating services in Jacksonville, FL, they will be able to take a look at your furnace and let you know if it needs to be replaced.
- Your energy bills have increased: If you notice that your energy bills have been gradually increasing, even though your usage hasn’t changed, it could be a sign that your furnace is becoming less efficient and needs to be replaced.
- Your furnace is making strange noises: If your furnace starts making strange noises, such as banging, popping, or squealing, it could be a sign that there is something wrong with the system. These noises could indicate that the blower motor is going out or that there is something else wrong with the furnace.
- There is yellow pilot light: A healthy pilot light should be blue. If it is yellow, it could be a sign of carbon monoxide leaks. This is a very dangerous situation and you should call a professional to inspect your furnace immediately.
- You see rust on the furnace: If you notice any rust on your furnace, it’s a sign that the unit is deteriorating and needs to be replaced. You may try to schedule heating repair in Jacksonville, FL to fix the problem, but in most cases, it’s best to just replace the furnace.
- There is water around the furnace: If you see any water pooling around your furnace, it could be a sign of a major problem. It could be that the condensate line is clogged or that there is a leak in the heat exchanger. Either way, you should call a professional to inspect your furnace.
- The furnace doesn’t turn on: If your furnace doesn’t turn on at all, it could be because the pilot light is out, the thermostat is set incorrectly, or there is an electrical problem. If you’ve checked these things and the furnace still doesn’t turn on, it’s time to call a professional.
- The furnace turns on and off constantly: If your furnace is cycling more frequently than before, it might be a sign that the unit is overworked and needs replacing.
- You have frequent repairs: If you find yourself having to repair your furnace more and more often, it’s probably time to replace it. Frequent repairs are often a sign that the furnace is reaching the end of its lifespan.
If you notice any of these warning signs, it’s important to call a professional to inspect your furnace. They will be able to tell you for sure whether or not you need to replace your furnace and can help you choose the best new furnace for your home.
Weather Engineers, Inc. is a professional heating and air conditioning company that has been serving the Jacksonville, FL area for several years. Our trained and certified technicians are experts in furnace repair and replacement. We offer a wide range of heating services, including annual maintenance plans, ductwork installation, and more. When you approach Weather Engineers for help with your furnace, you can be sure that you’re getting the best service possible.
We start by performing a thorough inspection of your furnace to determine the problem. We then provide you with a detailed estimate of the repairs or replacement that needs to be done. We only use high-quality parts and materials for all of our projects, so you can be sure that your furnace will be repaired or replaced properly. Contact Weather Engineers, Inc. today at (904) 356-3963 to schedule an appointment.