According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 99.7% of Americans believe that an unattractive smile can negatively affect their career success. But most of us are not born with perfect teeth.
If you’re one of the 99.7% of Americans who believe that an unattractive smile can negatively affect their career success, you may be considering cosmetic dentistry. But how much does it cost?
Well, the short answer is that it depends. The cost of cosmetic dentistry will vary depending on the procedure (or procedures) you’re looking to have done. So we got in touch with r. Amir Hassan from Colony dental, cosmetic dentistry in Sugar Land, Tx to find out the cost of different cosmetic procedures.
If you’re considering cosmetic dentistry, be sure to consult with a qualified dentist to get an estimate of the cost of your desired procedure.
What Are The Benefits Of Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry procedures are used to enhance the appearance of a tooth. There are plenty of procedures that help fix various issues with the appearance of the teeth such as
- A noticeable gap between teeth.
- Chipped, cracked, or broken teeth.
- Teeth missing due to decay or gum disease.
- Crowded or crooked teeth.
- Stained or discolored teeth.
- Teeth that are unevenly sized or shaped.
In many cases, cosmetic dentistry procedures also improve the overall oral health of a patient by strengthening damaged teeth and filling up gaps left due to lost teeth.
It has also been credited to boost confidence and reduce anxiety related to self-appearance.
Sometimes cosmetic dentistry procedures are also mandatory to retain essential mouth functions like chewing food properly.
So it is no wonder that cosmetic dentistry is popular field these days with many dentists undergoing special training to equip themselves with skills that enable them to give their patients not just healthy by beautiful teeth as well.
While most of these procedures are recommended only for adults, some of these treatments are suitable for teenagers as well, an age group that often struggles with self-esteem issues due to their outer appearance.
How Much Does Cosmetic Dentistry Cost?
Budget is a deciding factor when it comes to choosing a cosmetic dentistry procedure. So you may be happy that not all options are expensive.
The cost can vary widely depending on the procedure you choose and the dentist you visit. For example, teeth whitening can cost as little as $500, while full mouth reconstruction can cost upwards of $10,000.
So no matter what your budget looks like, you can get a beautiful smile with help of a wide range of cosmetic dentistry procedures.
While these prices are charged on a patient-by-patient basis, here are the average costs of some of the popular cosmetic dentistry treatments:
- Invisalign: This is a clear-aligner-based orthodontic treatment that can cost anywhere between $3,000 – $8,000.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening kits start as low as $200 and can go up to $1,200.
- Dental Implants: They are considered the gold standard of teeth replacement and can cost an entire lifetime. So they cost anywhere between $1,900 – $3000 per tooth.
- Porcelain Veneers: These are thin, tooth-colored shells used to hide gaps and make your front teeth look more aesthetic. They can cost between $1,800 – $2,200 per tooth.
- Crowns: Most popularly known as tooth caps, these are used to replace missing teeth or fix damaged tooth surfaces. They can cost between $500 – $1,500 depending on the material you choose.
Keep in mind these are only estimates. The actual cost will vary based on various factors such as:
- Complication level for your case
- Experience fo the dentist
- Quality of materials used
- The location where you live
- Additional services required
Since most cosmetic dentistry procedures are optional, they are usually not covered by dental insurance plans. But many dental clinics also partner with financial institutions for flexible payment plans and special rates.
Is Cosmetic Dentistry Worth The Cost?
Cosmetic dentistry procedures have been known to improve the self-esteem and confidence levels of thousands of patients. They are highly preferred by people in the entertainment industry who need to look their best.
Be it a small tooth gap or missing teeth, the procedures can help your smile look amazing so that you are never conscious about laughing freely in public.
So if you have always wanted to get a cosmetic dentistry procedure done, it is worth every dollar. You can start with something minor like teeth whitening or go for more advanced procedures based on your needs.
If you are looking for a dentist in Sugar land for comfortable ad reliable services, do consult Dr. Aamir Hassan at Colony Dental. He welcomes patients from all walks of life and crafts a beautiful smile worth showing off. So call up his clinic or visit the Colony Dental website to book your appointment today. If you live in a different state though, you can consult the nearest dentist in your area. A quick Google search with a phrase like “dentist near me stafford” can provide you with different good options.