A study room is a virtual space in a home for a child. It is a room where guests are not entertained and where sturdy furniture tells a story or two.
The interiors of a study room have to be perfect. The lights, temperature, and furniture play a decisive role in bringing about a healthy and learning atmosphere. This space should be free from all possible distractions in the world so that the child can think of only studies and nothing more.
Today, most of the study room design features comfy flooring, floating shelves, reading lofts and desks, a reading nook, and even a writing wall.
To get a fantastic study room design with these features, you first need to understand your child’s requirements. If he or she is a teenager, recreate the environment to suit your child’s needs. Start by inviting that natural light in and, of course, add comfort to the room – but not too much of comfort.!
Here are a few simple study room interior designs to help you get started:
- The right wall hue:Nothing beats a crisp white room, with white walls and white shelves to match. If your child wants to add in a pop of color, it will suit the ivory room’s pure tonality.
- Welcome space into your room:Would you like to enter into a study, which does not have room to move about freely? I don’t think so. Therefore, make it a point that the study space is designed to avoid unnecessary clutter. Limit the requirement in the space to create that free traffic atmosphere.
- Fun shelves:Floating shelves and cabinets are a must-have for homework zones where you tend to have lots of papers, files, gadgets, and supplies. Shelving keeps the place tidy and organized. It also adds a fun feature to the room if they are in different shapes and colors.
- The right desk & chair:Purchase a desk that gives you ample legroom and storage, only if you need that extra storage space. The chair should complement the desk in terms of texture and pattern. It should also be comfortable, as you will tend to spend a lot of your time on it.
- Light up your study space:Lights play an essential role in any room. If you have sunlight gleaming in through the window in the study, the room will seem lively and vibrant, spreading a positive vibe. On the other hand, if the room sports a dark and shady environment with minimum lights, your study will need more lights to make the place brighter. Install the right light fixtures so that you have sufficient light when the sun goes down.
- Personalize your study:No doubt, a study room is no fun and no play. But that does not mean you don’t add character to space. You can transform a simple study room interior design into something out of this world. Add a gallery wall or bring the room to life with an accent wall feature. This decorating idea will only be an added boost to help you do better in your academics.
- Pop that green accents in. You can bring in nature through décor and prints. Or you can add a few pieces of greenery into the study – a large potted plant or hanging plants to bring in that pop of color to space will do the trick.
- Introduce a bookcase: A bookcase is a wonderful addition to a study room design. You can stack your books and other supplies in an organized system that will benefit you and be well within your reach.