The whole world has evolved with the coming of the internet and android phones; networking has been replaced with social networks and social media apps like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. Snapchat is a great app; you can send and receive images and videos from your friends and family, and you can also chat with colleagues and acquaintances; the more people, the more fun. Snapchat has become a rival to other prominent social media platforms; it has over 230 million users and counting. A lot of people are newbies to the app, and they often face challenges while using the app; one such challenge is how to find Snapchat friends. This article will give you a step-by-step guideline on finding friends on Snapchat and also provide tips on how to find someone without their username.
Find Snapchat Friends
Knowing how to find someone on Snapchat is relatively easy. There are quite a number of ways to find Snapchat users; some of these ways include; using a snap code, using usernames, locating nearby users, the use of email addresses or IDs, by the use of phone numbers, and lastly, using other social media platforms.
- Snap code: The social media app called Snapchat provides its users with unique codes called snap codes. Every Snapchat account or user has its own snap code, you can quickly scan a person’s snap code, and you become friends immediately on the app. There is no limit to the number of people you can add by using this method. Simply go to your Snapchat app, locate the ‘add friends’ option, click on it, and then you will find the snap code option; you can choose to also scan directly from your gallery if you have the screenshot of the other person’s snap code.
- Username: This is by far the most simple, convenient, and popular method of searching Snapchat users. All you need to know is the person’s username, go to the app, click on the add friends menu, type in the username in the Snapchat user search box, and the app will bring up results of Snapchat users according to the search details you typed in.
- Phone Number: You can also find someone on Snapchat by adding him or her through their various phone numbers. First of all, ensure that you have the contact saved on your phone; open the Snapchat app, click on my ‘my friends’, and two options will be displayed, click on ‘friends’ on the right-hand side of the screen, and you will find a display of your contacts, you can then choose the phone numbers of the people you want to add and simply add them as friends.
- Email: You can use an email ID to find friends on Snapchat. You can find your friends that have their email Id linked to their Snapchat accounts. The process is the same as that of adding by username, just that this time around, you will substitute the username with an email address.
- Snapchat URL: Another method that can be used to find a friend on Snapchat is by using the Snapchat URL. All Snapchat users have unique URLs attached to their accounts. You can easily locate your own URL by clicking on your Bitmoji at the top left corner of the app; there, you will find your personal URL, which you can easily share with other people via text or on other social media platforms. Any person that clicks on the URL will be directed straight to your Snapchat profile, and he can then add you; you can also do the same if you have the person’s URL.
- You can also visit your friends’ accounts on other social media platforms to check if they have their usernames on Snapchat updated there too.
Snapchat is a fun and lively app for social networking, but what fun is it if you cannot find friends? Or if you don’t have the faintest idea on how to find someone on Snapchat or even know their username. This article has provided all the answers regarding finding Snapchat friends. So what are you waiting for? Go on and try the techniques you just learned; find Snapchat friends today!