Are you noticing your heater isn’t working as well as it used to? Are you not able to maintain a hot enough temperature in parts of your home? Is the unit starting and stopping on its own?
If so, then it may be time for heater repair service in Leonard, MI. Why put off repairs that could save you from serious damage or even worse… a broken heater.
Most people wait until their heating system has completely failed before having any type of repair work done. This is usually because they will have no choice at that point but to get a new system installed if they want warmth in their home again. However, if there are some more minor problems with your heater, try calling a local HVAC company first before deciding on whether or not to do the entire heater replacement in Leonard, MI.
Heater repair service can be expensive, but it’s a lot cheaper than buying a brand new heater. Many times the issue can be resolved with just a few simple repairs. So if you’re not sure whether or not to call for help, here are a few signs that will let you know that it’s time to get your heater serviced:
1) Your heater is more than 10 years old – Heaters usually last around 10-12 years, so if yours is getting up there in age, it may be time for a replacement. However, even if your heater is newer than 10 years old, it may still need repairs depending on how well it was taken care of over the years.
2) You’re having to constantly adjust the thermostat – If you’re finding that you have to keep adjusting the thermostat to maintain a comfortable temperature, your heater may be on its way out. This is usually a sign that the unit is no longer working effectively and will need to be repaired or replaced soon.
3) The heater is making strange noises – If your heater is making strange noises, it’s time for repair service. This could mean that there are problems with the motor or other internal components, which will need to be fixed before the unit starts causing further damage.
4) Your energy bills are skyrocketing – If your energy bills have been going up inexplicably, it could be a sign that your heater is failing. Many times a faulty heater will keep going even when it shouldn’t, resulting in a large increase in energy usage.
5) The unit has started and stopped on its own – Another common problem with older heaters is that they may start and stop by themselves for no apparent reason. If this is happening, call the HVAC repair service right away before the problem gets worse.
6) You need to do maintenance on the unit – If you’re having to do frequent heater repairs and maintenance, it may be time to replace your entire heating system. While older types of heaters can last a long time, they usually require more upkeep than newer models.
7) The heater has dropped in efficiency – If you’re noticing that your heater doesn’t seem to be performing as well as it used to, it may need servicing. While heating systems are built to last for many years, they do require some level of upkeep over the years to keep operating at peak levels.
8) You have a lot of energy bills from the past 6 months – If you have stacks of old energy bills and realize that they are way higher than normal, your heating system may need repair service soon. This will give you an idea of when the problem might have started so you can estimate how long it’s been going on.
In most cases, you’ll need to have your heater repaired if it’s more than 10 years old or starts acting up in any of these ways. So don’t hesitate to call your local HVAC company in Leonard, MI today if you notice any of these signs in or around your home!
Total Heating, Cooling & Electrical is a trusted HVAC company serving the greater Lenoard, MI area. We offer all types of services, including heater repairs and installations for both residential and commercial customers. For more information, contact us at 248-788-6028!