Most homeowners rely on their furnaces to keep their homes warm and comfortable during the colder months. But, like any other mechanical system in your home, furnaces can experience issues that may require repairs.
1. Your Furnace is Making Unusual Noises
If you notice that your furnace is making unusual noises, it could be a sign that something is wrong. Common issues that can cause furnaces to make strange noises include loose parts, worn-out bearings, or a build-up of debris in the blower assembly. If you hear any strange noises coming from your furnace, it’s best to call a Quakertown, PA furnace repair company for assistance.
2. Your Energy Bills are Higher Than Normal
If you’ve noticed that your energy bills have been higher than normal, it could be a sign that your furnace is not operating as efficiently as it should be. Several issues can cause furnaces to lose efficiency, including dirty air filters, clogged burners, and faulty thermostats. If you’re concerned about your furnace’s efficiency, call a pro to have it checked out.
3. Your Furnace is cycling On and Off More Than Usual
If your furnace is cycling on and off more frequently than usual, it could be a sign of a problem. One possible issue is that the furnace’s limit switch, which turns the furnace off when it gets too hot, may need to be adjusted. Another possibility is that there is a problem with the furnace’s blower motor.
4. The pilot light is Yellow or Orange
The pilot light on your furnace should be blue. If it’s yellow or orange, it could be a sign that there’s too much air in the gas line. This can be a serious safety issue, as it could cause the furnace to backdraft, which could lead to a fire. If you notice that the pilot light on your furnace is anything other than blue, you should call an expert immediately.
5. You See Moisture Around The Furnace
Condensation leaks are most commonly caused by clogged drains or a problem with the humidifier. If you see water or moisture around your furnace, call a professional to have it checked out.
6. Is The Air from Your Furnaces Too Hot or Cold?
If the air coming from your furnace is too hot or cold, it could be a sign of a problem with the furnace. One possibility is that the furnace’s thermostat is not working properly. Another possibility is that there’s a problem with the furnace’s heat exchanger. If you notice that the air from your furnace is too hot or cold, call a professional to have it checked out.
7. The Furnace Won’t Turn On
If your furnace won’t turn on, it could be a sign of a problem with the furnace’s blower motor or igniter. It could also be a sign that the furnace’s pilot light is out.
8. Your Furnace is more than 15 years old
If your furnace is more than 15 years old, it’s time to start thinking about replacing it. Even if your furnace is working properly, it’s not going to last forever. Eventually, you’re going to need to replace it.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s time to call the best company providing comprehensive heating services in Quakertown, PA. The sooner you call, the sooner your furnace will be up and running again.
Tips To Hire The Best Heating Repair Company!
When your heating system breaks down, you need to find a reputable and reliable heating repair company to fix the problem quickly and efficiently. Here are a few tips to help you find the best heating repair company:
- Get recommendations from friends, family, and neighbors. Ask them who they use for their heating repairs and why they like or dislike the company.
- Check online review sites. See what other customers have said about their experience with different heating repair companies.
- Call the companies and ask questions. Make sure you feel comfortable with the company before you hire them.
- Get multiple estimates. This will help you compare pricing and services between different companies.
- Make sure the company is licensed, insured, and bonded. This will protect you in case something goes wrong during the repair process.
- Ask about the warranty. Find out what kind of warranty the company offers on their workmanship and parts.
At American Home Comfort, we understand how important it is to find a reputable and reliable heating repair company in Quakertown, PA. We are licensed, insured, and bonded. We offer a one-year warranty on all of our workmanship and parts. Call us today at 610-960-9375 to schedule a free estimate. We’re here to help!