Are you concerned that your furnace may not be running as efficiently as it should be? Or maybe you’re worried that it might break down completely, leaving you and your family in the cold this winter. Either way, it’s important to be aware of the warning signs that indicate your furnace needs some maintenance. By taking care of these issues early, you can avoid more serious problems down the road.
- Your furnace is making strange noises.
Well, in this case, it’s time to plan for furnace maintenance in Barrington, IL. These could be anything from a rattling noise to a loud bang. Often, these sounds are indicative of a loose part or an issue with the fan belt. Either way, it’s best to have a pro take a look as soon as possible.
- The pilot light keeps going out.
If the pilot light on your furnace keeps going out, there could be a problem with the gas line. This is something that should be checked by a qualified technician before using the furnace again.
- You notice higher than usual energy bills.
It could be a sign that the furnace is not running as efficiently as it once was. In some cases, a simple tune-up can make a big difference in how well your furnace runs. However, if the problem is more serious, you may need to replace your furnace altogether.
- Strange smells are coming from the furnace.
If you start to notice strange smells coming from your furnace, it’s important to take action right away. These smells could indicate a gas leak, which is extremely dangerous. If you smell anything unusual, shut off the furnace immediately and call a professional for help.
- The furnace doesn’t seem to be heating evenly.
If you notice that your furnace isn’t heating evenly, it could be a sign of a bigger problem. In some cases, this issue can be resolved with a simple repair. However, if the problem is more serious, you may need to replace your furnace.
- The furnace doesn’t seem to be turning on at all.
If your furnace doesn’t seem to be turning on at all, it’s time to call a professional. This could be indicative of several different problems, ranging from a simple issue with the power supply to a more serious problem with the furnace itself.
- The furnace is leaving soot on surfaces.
If you start to notice soot on surfaces near your furnace, it’s a sign that the furnace isn’t burning fuel properly. This problem can often be resolved with a simple repair or adjustment. However, if the issue is more serious, you may need to replace your furnace entirely.
- You see water around the furnace.
If you see water pooling around the base of your furnace, it’s a sign that there’s a problem with the condensation line. This issue can often be fixed with a simple repair. So, ensure to look for an expert or schedule furnace repair in Barrington, IL.
If you notice any of these warning signs, it’s important to take action right away. By scheduling furnace maintenance, you can avoid more serious problems down the road.
Tips To Maintain Your Furnace!
- Check your furnace’s filter monthly and replace it as needed. A clogged or dirty filter will make your furnace work harder and can cause permanent damage.
- Inspect your furnace annually. Hire a professional to perform a safety check and clean the unit if necessary.
- Test your furnace’s thermostat regularly to ensure it is working properly.
- Keep the area around your furnace clean and free of clutter. This will help ensure proper airflow and prevent potential fire hazards.
- Never ignore strange noises coming from your furnace. These could be signs of a serious problem that needs to be addressed immediately by a professional.
Following these simple tips will help keep your furnace running smoothly and safely for many years to come. If you have any concerns about your furnace, be sure to contact a qualified heating contractor. Contact Aaron & Trecker Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. at 847-540-9585 for more information.